The Virtue of Religion
To render to God what we as creatures owe to Him. When animated by charity the virtue of religion manifests itself in five actions.
- Adoration - The Supreme Homage and worship given to God alone
- Prayer - The lifting of one's heart and mind to God spending time with him; prayers of adoration, contrition, thanksgiving, and supplication/petition
- Sacrifice - Making an offering in loving conversation to God
- Promises - A simple resolution or commitment made to God regarding one's actions or prayer
- Vows - A deliberate and free promise made to God that is binding